1 unable to relax or be still; "a constant fretful stamping of hooves"; "itchy for excitement"; "a restless child" [syn: fidgety, fretful, itchy]
3 ceaselessly in motion; "the restless sea"; "the restless wind"
4 marked by a lack of quiet; not conducive to rest; "spent a restless night"; "fell into an uneasy sleep" [syn: uneasy]
- Not allowing or affording rest.
- The night before his wedding was a restless one.
- Without rest; unable to be still or quiet; uneasy; continually moving.
- He was a restless child.
- She sat, restless and nervous, and tried to concentrate.
- He was a restless child.
- Not satisfied to be at rest or in peace; averse to repose; eager for change;
- A restless ambition.
- Deprived of rest or sleep.
- They remained restless, sitting by the window the entire night.
- Chinese: 浮躁 (fúzào)
- French: impatient
- German: ruhelos, unruhig
- Polish: bez odpoczynku, niestrudzenie
Restless may refer to:
- Restless (Faye Wong album)
- Restless (Murray Head album)
- Restless (Sara Evans album)
- Restless (Shelby Lynne album)
- Restless (Skydiggers album)
- Restless (Trae album)
- Restless (Xzibit album)
- "Restless", song by White Dawg
- "Restless", song by gothic metal band Within Temptation
- "Restless", song by rockabilly pioneer Carl Perkins
- "Restless", song by Tanya Donelly
- "Restless", song from David and the Giants' 1988 album Strangers to the Night
- Restless Records, record label
- Restlessness, emotional state of agitation or excitement
- Restless (2000 film), Finnish romantic comedy film
- The Restless (2006 film), South Korean fantasy film
- "Restless" (Buffy episode), episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Restless (novel), novel by William Boyd
restless in French: Restless
restless in Italian: Restless
adrift, afloat, agitated, alternating, amorphous, antsy, antsy-pantsy, anxious, apprehensive, beefing, bellyaching, bitching, breathless, bustling, capricious, chafing, changeable, changeful, complaining, complaintful, crabbing, crabby, cranky, croaking, desultory, deviable, disappointed, discomposed, discontented, disgruntled, displeased, disquieted, dissatisfied, disturbed, dizzy, eager, eccentric, edgy, envious, erratic, excitable, excited, fast and loose, faultfinding, feverish, fickle, fidgety, fitful, flickering, flighty, flitting, fluctuating, flurried, flustered, fluttering, fluttery, freakish, fretful, fretting, fussing, fussy, giddy, griping, grouchy, grousing, growling, grumbling, hasty, high-strung, hopped-up, hyper, impatient, impetuous, impulsive, in a lather, in a stew, in a sweat, inconsistent, inconstant, indecisive, infirm, insomniac, insomnious, intermittent, irregular, irresolute, irresponsible, itchy, jittery, jumpy, malcontent, malcontented, mazy, mercurial, moody, murmuring, muttering, nervous, nervy, on edge, on tenterhooks, out of humor, peevish, perturbed, petulant, querulant, querulous, rambling, rebellious, resentful, restive, roving, ruffled, scatterbrained, shaken, shaken up, shapeless, shifting, shifty, shuffling, skittish, sleepless, slumberless, spasmodic, spineless, squirming, squirmy, stirred up, sulky, tense, troubled, troublous, turbulent, unaccepting, unaccommodating, unaccountable, uncertain, uncontrolled, undependable, undisciplined, uneasy, unfixed, unfulfilled, ungratified, unhappy, unpatient, unpeaceful, unpredictable, unquiet, unreliable, unrestful, unrestrained, unsatisfied, unsettled, unsleeping, unstable, unstable as water, unstaid, unsteadfast, unsteady, upset, uptight, vacillating, vagrant, variable, vicissitudinary, vicissitudinous, volatile, wakeful, wandering, wanton, wavering, wavery, wavy, wayward, whimsical, whiny, wishy-washy, worked up